Discuss Help Disaster In Making ie Yellow Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

philibobs6

Hi all Im a newbie so here goes.

I decided to re tile my bathroom top to bottom, not a bad job to say it was my 1st time.

I tiled on top of exisitng tiles but after a few months the tiles have gone yellow, from where the shower is over the bath.

I took the old grout out and re did it but it only lasts a few months and happens again, the grout turns yellow.

I'm about to do this again but with the help of advice by the professionals, Ive been reading and learnt that I need an epoxy grout not just the normal b & q stuff, Ive learnt that this is not waterproof and epoxy is?

What do i need to do and exactly buy, also the same for the silicone around the bath this likes to turn from white to black, but what do i need to buy to fix this from turning a black colour.

PLease can you tell me what I should do, and buy and where from Im from the Castleford/Wakefield area or is b & q fine for what i may need.

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Regards

J

jay

hi a bit more info please whats your wall make up and you say you tiled over tiles can you tell us what tiles thanks:8:

T

Time's Ran Out

Change your shampoo to a different colour.
Stop wiping the tiles down with a yellow duster.
Don't smoke in the bathroom.

Just some of the reasons for yellow grout.

S

simon1

Don't forget, shampoo and shower gels may discolour grout.

Did you use a polymer modified (flexible) grout??

P

philibobs6

What adhesive did you use for the tile on tile
Hi, thanks for the reply, I used b and q 's own tile and grout stuff, as I was doing it as I remember I was using cerefix stuff bu the new tiles just fell off so used b and q's own stuff and the tiles stayed on.

P

philibobs6

hi a bit more info please whats your wall make up and you say you tiled over tiles can you tell us what tiles thanks:8:
Hi thanks for the reply, basically I had a green bathroon suite with green tiles, the green tiles had a pattern on them that protuded the tile so to speak, the new tiles were b and q's tiles, these tiles were bigger than the existing i tiles over.

Hope this helps, to help me thnaks in advance

P

philibobs6

What size tile did you fix and how long ago
Hi think they were 7 x 5 tiles with a ripple effect, probably over a year ago, sorry if I made out it was recent its not, its me trying to put right my bodge in the 1st place, lasted white for quite a while, but just trying to get it to stay white.

Hope you can help cheers in advance

Reply to Help Disaster In Making ie Yellow Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks