Search the forum,

Discuss Hello Everyone Opinions Needed. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I am Arnold way mate. Started at 29 fair play what was you doing before if you don't mind me asking ?
Dump truck driver, joiners labourer, painter, almost time served brickie, suspended ceiling fixer, life guard & washed coal in Tilbury B power station when I was 18.
A bit of everything before I got into tiling & haven't looked back.
Been a struggle at times but reaping the rewards of working hard & leaving a professional finish on all my work.

W

White Room

Dump truck driver, joiners labourer, painter, almost time served brickie, suspended ceiling fixer, life guard & washed coal in Tilbury B power station when I was 18.
A bit of everything before I got into tiling & haven't looked back.
Been a struggle at times but reaping the rewards of working hard & leaving a professional finish on all my work.
That's a variation if I've ever read one:)

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
You are never too old !

My late Mum retrained at 45 to become a teacher. She began with having to do her gcse's, a levels, then a degree and to complete her massive accomplishment, her PGCE.

This was a tough time for us all however she did it and became a very well respected teacher of English for secondary schools.

I only now understand just how hard that was for her.

Do not let anyone tell you any different. You can be anything you want to be.

peace out

J

jackh1994

Fair few jobs there lol but fair play, I've heard all sorts of negativity when I tell people. Was either join the royal marines or re train in a new trade.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I was accepted into the Royal Navy as an Aircraft engineer.

I had to decide between taking my business to London where I knew absolutely nobody, take a job at topps tiles and hopefully progress from there (i had got the job by then hence my dilemma, minimum wage plus commission in LONDON !) or leaving the girl I fell in love with to train in the RN for three years before making a wage I could be satisfied with.

I took the first option as I believed in me. I progressed to tiling in some amazing houses when my Topps career came to a close.

Im now in the Caribbean managing a multi-million dollar project for my boss and will be for the forseeable future.

Bottom line is dream big and project postive thoughts, plan it out. You can have it all !

Last edited:
J

jackh1994

Thanks for the replys everyone definetley can't stick with welding anymore having the feeling of hating every minute your there

Reply to Hello Everyone Opinions Needed. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen