Search the forum,

Discuss grouting early in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

just another question for you all.i`m using keraflex maxi on 45 by 31cm ceramic tiles onto plasterboard.grout is ultracolour plus white.it would make my life a lot easier tomorrow if i could fix 2 tiles to finish a wall and then grout the whole wall 2 hours later.i know, i know, the adhesive should be left much longer but as it`s just 2 tiles(the cuts to the floor in a corner)what am i risking? the tile not adhering?the grout discolouring? i`ll get a bag of fast setting addy if i need to but wanted to know what you all thought. thanks dave.

M

Mike

if you use rapid set (bagged of course) it should be fine. it's not a dispersion adhesive so you're not trapping the moisture in there. you could leave that area till last just to make sure.

B

boldydave

thanks mike.i`ve got keraflex which is a slow setting addy.just wanted to know if i realy need to get some fastset just for 2 tiles.

H

hillhead

No problems with that, leave spacers in at bottom(cuts of spacer hid) just to prop up nicely and grout over.
Just added protection.

D

DHTiling

The stated time is 16 hrs.. if you want to grout early then use an appropriate rapid set.. can't believe trusted advisor's and established tilers saying this in an open forum..???

Reply to grouting early in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen