Currently reading:
Grout Float - Toolstation

Discuss Grout Float - Toolstation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

harrylime

I picked up a grout float from toolstation today, to finish off the porcelain tiles in my shower. I dont want to pay a lot as I probably won't need it after my current project. It is made of some sort of lightweight polystyrene rubber, with sharp edges (should they not be bevelled?)
Have I made a false economy? I have not cut corners on anything else, including buying a Sigma dry cutter, and don't want to start now. It's only a float, is it critical to get a good finish?

H

harrylime

Not a wind up, just that all the grout floats seem to look the same, and the descriptions don't help much. I've since found a Rubi one at Tradepoint so will pick one of those up, to play safe, as I should have done in the first place. I bought the sigma on the logic that it will be hardly used so should be easy enough to sell when I've finished. Much cheaper than hiring a decent cutter

Reply to Grout Float - Toolstation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement