Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix Ultimate Flex Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jubba

I am looking to finish my kitchen floor with Granfix ultimate flex grout, has anyone used this.
Its going onto Porcelain tiles with non-slip (gritty) finish and i am a bit concerned that it is going to be a right game to clear the grout off them.

Was looking at getting a grout gun just to apply on the joints rather than the whole face of the tile (they are 500mm sq), but they don't seem to be very popular with the guys on here!

Should I use some kind of sealer on the tiles before i grout?

Your advice appreciated.

W

White Room

I found grout guns can be a pain, could try a grout bag, I've never used though

D

diamondtiling

Its a good product. I have used it many times and it does its job. The problem with a grout gun is its difficult to fill the grout lines properly. I would do a small area at a time and clean as you go. Try to keep your sponge damp and not wet as you may overwet the grout.

:thumbsup:

J

jubba

Thanks for the advice guys.

Still a bit concerned about staining after reading other posts, (grey/charcoal grout on the black tiles)

Spoke to David at trade tiler earlier (very helpful chappy:thumbsup:) , ordered a couple of grouting bags and some nozzles to give a try.
He also suggested that I could lay some masking tape over the joints and use a stanley knife to cut it back to the tile edge.
(Had a quick try tonight and seems feasable)

Might take a bit of time to prep but should surley save me alot of time cleaning up and eliminate any danger of staining.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

peckers

Granfix ultimate flex grout is highly flexible and very sticky to use. I have used loads of it, as diamond has said its good stuff! my advise is, as your tiles are pitted slightly I would advise dampening the tiles to start with a couple of square meters at a time just before you apply to that area!
its a bit like playing leap frog grout and wash down first area, then grout 2nd area and washdown, then go back to 1st area and washdown again then grout and washdown 3rd area, then washdown 2nd area again! etc.
Be carefull not to over wet the joints as you will get lots of pin holes appear else.
Other then that take your time and dont mix too much that you can use in one go it drys quite quickly compared to a standard grout! :thumbsup:

J

jubba

Leap frog grouting sounds like fun, bet i will end up eating those words though. :lol:

Have you guys tried the grouting bags?

Will the ultimate flex grout squirt out of them OK?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

peckers

Leap frog grouting sounds like fun, bet i will end up eating those words though. :lol:

Have you guys tried the grouting bags?

Will the ultimate flex grout squirt out of them OK?
Never used the grouting bags, so i wouldnt know. when you have done a couple m2 you will wonder what you was worrying about :thumbsup:

F

Fred

Just finished 30 m2 of travertine with this grout, what a nightmare! I usually grout 4 m2 at a time, so went back to start wiping off, and it was like glue. I had to scrub like mad to get things right.

And add to it, the building firm are from Cornwall and thats where they got the grout from, ran out, the only place I could find in London was North, took me 3 hours round trip..............and still have not been paid................:incazzato:

P

peckers

Just finished 30 m2 of travertine with this grout, what a nightmare! I usually grout 4 m2 at a time, so went back to start wiping off, and it was like glue. I had to scrub like mad to get things right.

And add to it, the building firm are from Cornwall and thats where they got the grout from, ran out, the only place I could find in London was North, took me 3 hours round trip..............and still have not been paid................:incazzato:
what company in cornwall is it fred?

Reply to Granfix Ultimate Flex Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen