Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Hi all,
Used Granfix grout today, for the first time, and I've got mixed feelings about it! It powdered up on the tile surface ok, not to quick and not to slow, but stayed soft in the joints for most of the day (only 2mm joints by 8mm deep) making it damned awkward to give it a final buff over at home time. Has anyone else experienced this with Granfix?

W

White Room

Never used the grout Doug, did experiance with another make once but dos'nt help your case

D

Daveyboy

Hi Doug, I use Granfix wall grout white a lot as it mixes well and can give a really smooth finish...if you mix it a bit weak, it does take a while to dry.. I tend to mix it a bit thick (so it sticks to the grout spreader)... I also find it takes longer to dry in a cold/damp room but that may also be true of most grouts.. I also use granfix flexi floor grout (ivory, limestone and grey mostly) and rarely have problem with them...:thumbsup:

O

Olz

I've had problems with it the last two times i've used it drying patchy and cracking, been fine up until the last two times, having to go and rake it out and regrout has put me right off using it again.

D

Daveyboy

I've had problems with it the last two times i've used it drying patchy and cracking, been fine up until the last two times, having to go and rake it out and regrout has put me right off using it again.

That was the floor grout wasn't it Oli..it happened to me (was using ivory flexi floor in an inner shower room) but I've since been advised that it might have been because the room was too warm and I should have dampened the joints before grouting..

O

Olz

It was the floor grout mate yes, the maxi one in grey. After the first time I put it down to my mistake, but measured it out exactly the second time and the same thing, the supplier replaced the bag FOC and said that afew others had, had the same problem, it was only a small floor so wasnt really worth complaining to granfix though, im very reluctant to use it now though.

Reply to Granfix grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen