Search the forum,

Discuss Going rates at min for contract work? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm usually a sub contractor and have never filled out a tender, so although I know what price i'm getting per mtr, I have no clue what the contractors I work with are charging.

I've recently upped my advertising and due to that I have two companies requiring me to complete a tender, one for a 300mtr floor and the other for a 780mtr floor.

Now I know what price i'd like to charge :smilewinkgrin:, but realistically, can anyone shed any light on this dark area for me so i can at least be competitive?

cheers

I

Ian

There will be a few guys and gals on here who do it on a regular basis and may be able to help a bit more than I can, they may keep there cards quite close to their chests though. The last time I did anything of this sort, if you weren't around the £12-15 per m2 mark, then you lost the work. Hope this helps and please don't quote me on this.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Are they local jobs or will you have to travel? Cost of digs? parking? will you be taking on subbies to work for you?? Have you got materials to supply? What are their payment terms? There's loads to consider before you put in a price

D

Daveshadowman

As above but also what sort of tins scale is the builder allowing you for the work you may have to pay for help to get it done these poeple will want paying at the end of the job , they will not wait the 30 to 60 days you will have to wait to be paid , if it is supply and fit what sort of discount do you get from the supplier some have a sliding scale for trade discount the more you use the the big the discount that has a bearing on your price

Reaction score
Yeah, theres a lot to consider. There both local jobs so travel expenses down to a minimum and I'll be on the tools with another tiler so theres no subbies to pay out.

Tiles are supplied so I will just need to price for labour & materials. even so, £12 to £15 seems cheep, I would have thought at least £18?? What's the world coming to at all?

Time to source cheep pallets of addy, I might get a wage out of it then :)

Reply to Going rates at min for contract work? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen