Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Glass tiles behind hob in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
We had been considering glass tiles for the splashback in our new kitchen, however the sales assistant in the tile showroom says that they cannot be used above the hob as they will discolour. Does anyone know if this is true or have any experience of this as I had never heard of it before. Thanks for your help

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, glass tiles can start to look a little grotty if they are subject to too much heating up and cooling down. I'd go for a fancy plaque of some sort or call a few more tile stores to see if any can guarantee you that they will stay as new long-term.

There are some tiles available that have a pearlescent glaze on them and if you go for a silver or white you might get a similar effect as those you're looking at. Just a thought.

P.S. don't forget to register when you have a minute. www.tilersforums.com/register.php - it's free and only takes a minute, and you get a newsletter if you check the box too :D

Reply to Glass tiles behind hob in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock