Search the forum,

Discuss Floorboards…overboard and/or ditra? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DJS

TF
Reaction score
hey there, long time no speak. I’m helping a friend tile their bathroom and they wish to waterproof the floor with an isolation membrane (ditra). Looking at the floorboards, I’m wondering if it would be advisable to overboard first with some cement/insulation boards?
Cheers

Attachments

• 73255645843__92D0362D-ED2C-4466-BDB3-641E42BA97B0.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 20

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
hey there, long time no speak. I’m helping a friend tile their bathroom and they wish to waterproof the floor with an isolation membrane (ditra). Looking at the floorboards, I’m wondering if it would be advisable to overboard first with some cement/insulation boards?
Cheers
What is the reasoning for waterproofing? . Is it simply substrate protection? . Personally it seems it’s not a wetroom, so simply use 6mm hardibacker and tape the joints with hardibacker joint tape. Make sure floor boards are secured. That will suffice for any normal use bathroom floor.

Reply to Floorboards…overboard and/or ditra? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen