Search the forum,

Discuss Floor leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hi mate...just mix the leveler with required amount of water...usually 5 to 6 ltrs with a 20kg bag.....but check on the bag for quantities.....
Prime the floor and leave to dry then checking where low spots are( with a level) start to fill these in....and progress from there..it is a case of getting the floor flat not so much level....some levelers need to be spread with a float to required thickness and the use of a spiked roller can help as well......

W

wivers

Sorry bish bosh i should have given a more constuctive answer, i appologise.

This is why we have the likes of Dave & co to pick up the peices lol

B

bishbosh77

Hi
Thanks for the link, just had a look at them and its not what you would call straight forward so if a customers floor needed leveling would you get someone in to do it ?

I dont have this problem but just asking you never know.

One last thing i have just finished a course before christmas and i have done a freeby to get the hang of working in someones home the bathroom walls were a real mess all over the place, she was happy with the job but it would have been better on a squareish flatish surface. Would you insist wall was re plastered or would you show the customer how out the wall is and give them the choice of re plastering or letting you do the best job you could due to the surfaces you are working on.

W

White Room

I've seen guy's mix it thin and let it flow on the floor, Probably weaker than it should be but seem's to work

D

davy_G

Spiked roller is the ticket.
First few jobs i used a trowel and thought it was good. Then my local tile shop rep advised i try ardex's spiked roller. Quicker, nicer finish and easier on the back.

Reply to Floor leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen