Discuss Evostik Tile on Wood flexible in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bathroomboy

Made a big mistake buying this stuff, when I used to work for Dolphin bathrooms some years ago they used to supply it on the job.
I only got it as I was going directy onto chipboard floor ( i usually ply line) which had been previously tiled so no issues wih that. Put them down late afternoon yesterday, arrived on site this morning and the stuffs not gone off, nowhere near, still soft, really is poor product.
Lost a full day with it as I can't work in the room, hope it's set in the morning or I am in a mess.

D

diamondtiling

B and Q stock it I think, its bagged but I only used it once in an emergency. Seemed ok but pricey.

D

Deleted member 9966

I've just done a web search and can't find any evo stik tile adhesives in a bag :yikes:

B

bathroomboy

It's in a 10kg tub and doubles as a grout ,a floor not that I'd use it for grouting, I usually use Dunlop or Bal, but with going on the chipboard I thought I try it as it says ok for this, I just can'd believe how slow it takes to go off, beginning to think something is seriously wrong with it. See link
Adhesives and Sealants for the DIY, Trade & Stationery Markets

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

used it once due to customer buying it,ok to work with but did go off rather quickly i thought!

B

Benny Tiler

I've seen it for sale in a few places, never considered using it as I always thought you could only used tubbed gear on a depth up to 3mm or it won't set.

D

DHTiling

It can take as much as over a week to dry....depending on how thick you used it....it dries just like a dispersion adhesive...

Would be quicker to pull it up and use cement based...

D

diamondtiling

I've just done a web search and can't find any evo stik tile adhesives in a bag :yikes:

try rembrand.co.uk.

They stock it, I am sure its made by bostick and they supply B & Q, I have bought it on a Sunday in London to stick the last few tiles. 20 kg bags.

:thumbsup:

Reply to Evostik Tile on Wood flexible in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22