Discuss Do you wear gloves whilst working? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stan001

Now you’re gonna think I’m a right sap! Do you guys wear gloves whilst working? My hands get knackered by grout, but the worst thing is standard Portland Cement (you probably don’t deal with this as much as I do, but even carrying a load of dusty bags will dry my hands out something rotten). I know Im supposed to wear gloves more than i do, but admit to being very naughty and suffering afterwards. Any other jessy softyhands here? (and no – your hands don’t harden up, before you say it, been abusing them for years, still goes dry-out and hurt even with barrier cream). … now excuse me whilst I go off and have a little private cry in the corner.:bigcry:

B

brian c

dont use gloves much,used to when i used PCI stuff as i could feel a reaction to there products for some reason.

B

burncross

no i dont use gloves very much, but i do have good intentions of wearing them, i'v got some in the tool box, but forget to wear them:oops:

T

tileexperts

well, i rob my mum's kitchen gloves, and i use them for grouting only.
cause if your after grouting a big floor you cant go out that nite with the girlfriend,
cause your hand look like you was a playing with flour.:lol:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I wear latex surgical gloves most of the time, I get them by the box for free and over the years they have saved my hands, got fed up with the reaction of some brands, besides, it's a lot cleaner to throw a pair when the get knackered and put a fresh pair on than it is to wash and dry.

IMHO that is :D

P

Perry

Well i never used to use them until i started using PTB with rectified 600x600 as you run your finger down the joint to clear the adhesive the Sharp edge cuts your finger :pete

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Now you’re gonna think I’m a right sap! Do you guys wear gloves whilst working? My hands get knackered by grout, but the worst thing is standard Portland Cement (you probably don’t deal with this as much as I do, but even carrying a load of dusty bags will dry my hands out something rotten). I know Im supposed to wear gloves more than i do, but admit to being very naughty and suffering afterwards. Any other jessy softyhands here? (and no – your hands don’t harden up, before you say it, been abusing them for years, still goes dry-out and hurt even with barrier cream). … now excuse me whilst I go off and have a little private cry in the corner.:bigcry:

Not a jessy softhands at all. When you mix portland cement with water it produced sodium hydroxide amongst other nsty chemicals. This dissolves skin but you don't feel it happening. There used to be Chromium 6 in it also which is highly carcenogenic (Ellen Brokowickz was about this chemical) an the cement manufacturers had to take a good proportion out. It can also sensitie your skin so that you suffer a histemine reaction. I wear gloves most of the time when handling cement based materials. I don't get cement burns anymore......:thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

I use them all the time!! Marigolds with Gloves in a Bottle barrier lotion too. My hands are nice and soft....just like the ladies like them........

O

Olz

Every know and again, but its usually too late because i only remember to put them on when my hands have already gone dry. :dizzy2:

bansko

TF
Reaction score
All my work is commercial n all the big construction companys insist on gloves to be worn at all times. I am all for wearing gloves when necessary but not all day, if you dont wear em your off site. Sick of arguing our case being a wet trade its not healthy wearing rubber gloves all day, but its a case of if you dont like it dont come in. pain in the arse.

Reply to Do you wear gloves whilst working? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks