Search the forum,

Discuss do you always shape the grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sWe

The only times I ever use grout shapers, is when the customer requests something specific. Other than that, I normally achieve a perfect finish with my sponge float. I weat nitril gloves while grouting, so my hands are kept somewhat dry. I only ever use my fingers when there are small gaps in the grout; dabbing or redistributing some grout with a gloved finger.

I've got a grouting guide in my signature if anyone's interested.

D

DHTiling

Hi Si,

Hows Life going. well i always get a nice finish on the grout by using my sponge just a quick rub over not applyin alot of pressure. i find that it does the trick.

well Si hope the FB is ok

take care Pat

I'm with you......sponge works fine( on walls), trick is not to have it over wet.......and i use a washboy on floors.........:thumbsup:

Reply to do you always shape the grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.