Search the forum,

Discuss Dispute - Opinions please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Am I missing something? Did she say she wanted you to start full tile from tray on the floor? I'd have personally started full tile from tray on floor but everyone is different.

If I had started with a full tile from the tray on the floor, while matching all wall and floor gaps, then it would not have been possible to cover the exposed edge of the tiles on the boxing with the shower wall tile. This is where the compromise has been made.

I think most customers are oblivious to 'setting out',until you mention it to them.But as has been said above a compromise of changing the orientation of the veins would improve things.

Unfortunately, these thin cuts were done with the offcuts that were left, as only the exact amount of tiles were ordered. The bits that were used for the thin cuts were the best on offer from all the offcuts. Not ideal, but not many options.

Reply to Dispute - Opinions please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen