Search the forum,

Discuss Discontinued Homebase Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mikee01

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anybody can help.
Just had a disaster in our newly tiled EnSuite - the tiles on one wall have started to crack - my builder has identified the problem as being the current heatwave having caused the wall (which is Celetex-type insulation fixed to a breeze block wall) to expand and cause the tiles to crack. Anyway my question is does anybody know where I can get the same tiles. They are now discontinued by Homebase - they are called Alba Gloss White Field Tiles (Homebase code is 668429). I'm after 6 packs. I've tried ringing round all the Homebase stores that show they have some (according to the Homebase stock database) - but so far with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

W

White Room

Hi Guys,

Just had a disaster in our newly tiled EnSuite - the tiles on one wall have started to crack - my builder has identified the problem as being the current heatwave having caused the wall (which is Celetex-type insulation fixed to a breeze block wall) to expand and cause the tiles to crack. Anyway my question is does anybody know where I can get the same tiles. They are now discontinued by Homebase - they are called Alba Gloss White Field Tiles (Homebase code is 668429). I'm after 6 packs. I've tried ringing round all the Homebase stores that show they have some (according to the Homebase stock database) - but so far with no luck.

What was put on top of the celetex

C

Colour Republic

I would like to hear more about this builders theory...thats a new one on me...So you will need new tiles everytime there is a heatwave,,?

How does the heat from outside pass through the cavity and cavity insulation and cause thermal cracks in the walls and tiles...cause the wall must crack to crack the tiles surely..?

Or am i missing summit..:smilewinkgrin:

not always as the celotex and plasterboard would flex, where as the tiles would not. But like you I don't think heat is the cause anyway.

Was it the builder who fitted the tiles or was it a different firm? I only ask becuase he may be trying to pass the blame onto mother nature rather than owning up to incorrect installation

L

linda glasgow

Hi Mike,

did you manage to get hold of these tiles, Im looking for 2 boxes myself and finding it very difficult to find them. Homebase state they are now discontinued. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Guys,

C

Colour Republic

Hi Mike,

did you manage to get hold of these tiles, Im looking for 2 boxes myself and finding it very difficult to find them. Homebase state they are now discontinued. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Linda, as mentioned above try ringing homebases head office as they will know who their supplier was, even on discontinued lines. Each part of a homebase code means some thing, i think the first 3 digits are the suppliers code. You can do this in store as well but you have to speak to someone who nows how to use the system not one of the weekend staff:thumbsup:

Reply to Discontinued Homebase Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.