Currently reading:
Depth of reveal/window frame

Discuss Depth of reveal/window frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I use one of these for the plastering to reveals to gauge it and get an equal depth which could be usefull for the tiling
640006_squangle_f2.jpg

A

Aston

the reason so much plastering is bad now is...

the money is so poor on site now that they just throw it on, freerule and then skim...
dont get me wrong, its not right but the site agents dont care either.

if a plaster set his angle beads right, he could rule off these and then use a square on the reveals. there are so many poor plasterers out there now its unreal. semi trained, skimmers or been on a 5 day course and told then can plaster?

if you want perfect walls, then the best bet is to advertise yourself to do the prep work. many tilers can float walls out using screeds, so if your unhappy with whats out there, the best thing to do is push your tiling skills upto the next level. theres loads of advice on here on how to do screeds and form square, parellel reveal.....

but hear me right, the standard in plastering has dropped and thats down to many factors including greedy builders strangeling the life out of every trade.. its all so down to many so called plasterers not being able to float out correctly.
sign of the times i'm afraid ..

ed

Reply to Depth of reveal/window frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.