Search the forum,

Discuss Day Off.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
im just in through the door after redoing a floor for an estate agents. The lady told me her downstairs floor was redone three times !!! same builders usual mistakes. got a badger champion beer to sup on later as a tip.

Reaction score
i worked in glostershire today very -hot down in the pool but great, then i picked up my new lawn mower John its a Hayter harrier 412 electric start, then came home and mowed the jungle lol, looking forward to tomorrows FA CUP game , going to nip-out and get the beers in ,,,,,,,,,,............

Reaction score
OMG . i must say it cut through my jungle very well ,not impressed with the grass-box it didn't seem to hold much before it filled -up , and there is a long yellow strap ( haven't got a clue what its for ? ) its very long so i thought it may go in side the box until its full then as you empty the box you pull the band and it helps eject the grass ? any-idears ....lol from the forum grass-god .

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
OMG . i must say it cut through my jungle very well ,not impressed with the grass-box it didn't seem to hold much before it filled -up , and there is a long yellow strap ( haven't got a clue what its for ? ) its very long so i thought it may go in side the box until its full then as you empty the box you pull the band and it helps eject the grass ? any-idears ....lol from the forum grass-god .

The grass box should be fine Dave, the fact that you are cutting 6" grass rather than 1" grass means it will fill 5x quicker. You will need to probably cut twice a week until September now, don't cut it too short otherwise it will just show all the brown dead grass underneath. Probably keep it to about an inch and it will look lush and greener. Best thing to do is rake over first to raise all the blades of grass and weed leaves (if you have any), also pulls out dead grass, before you cut using a steel tine rake. If you cut regular it keeps weeds at bay and also remember to feed and weed regularly, every 6-8 weeks. When you get to sept/oct you need to scarify. It will make it look a real mess but it draws out all the dead grass and allows new shoots in spring making the grass thicker and lush.

PS the strap is to bind you to the mower so you make sure you look after your lawn!!!! :lol:

Any chance of a pic

Reaction score
Thank's John you have proper green fingers mate, yes i suppose when i get keep the lawn at a regular shorter cut then the box will not have to hold as much, yes i was planning on giving it another cut tomoz well the idea of getting an electric start was so the wife could have a go when i work away lol, so i will tie the strap to her ankle when i leave ......

Reply to Day Off.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen