Currently reading:
Cutting stone, more power or better blade

Discuss Cutting stone, more power or better blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Just to get some opinions on here;
I'm cutting a lot of marble into small pieces (10mm cubes) using a Vitrex 900 watt bridge saw and I try various blades on it. I cut for 3 - 4 hours at a time. I'm looking at a Belle BC350 which has 2.2hp.

My question is for faster cutting would I be better getting better getting better blades for the Vitrex or do I need more power? If I used the same blade on both would the cutting be noticeably faster on a more powerful machine or is it down to the blade? ATS have been very helpful but i'd be interested to what you guys have to say.

C

Concrete guy

Yes, that's the one. I must have used it for about 12 hours so far and it's still cutting as well as when I first put it on.

That's interesting thanks, we promote those for porcelain and hard tiles but they seem to perform well in natural stone.

If you find it starts to slow, then run it through something abrasive like a piece of sandstone, that should wear the metal bond and expose some new diamond.

Reply to Cutting stone, more power or better blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement