Discuss Curved wet room and bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Leatherface

Just completed this pre-christmas :
Wet room walls in glass mosaic, pillars in mirror mosaic, wet room circle was water jet cut by local company. Rest of bathroom was in travertine as were shelves with glass mosaic front edges. Nice little earner, made over a grand on supply of tiles alone. Exposed edge joints at entrance to room and on edges of shelves were butt jointed and polished. :sifone:

Attachments

• 16012007.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 16012007(005).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 16012007(006).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 233
  • edges.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 238
F

faithhealer

Must be good to do something a bit different,

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Was very enjoyable. The mirror mosaics on the pillars were a swine.
They had plastic on the front, which meant that when the tiles were applied to the pillar, the plastic sheet forced the grout lines together due to the curvature of the pillar ( most mosaics are webbed on the back, which naturally opens the tiles up around a tight curve ) So all the mirror mosaics had to be cut into individual strips and fixed to the pillar !
Nasty:dizzy2:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Grace'sDad

Absolutely stunning job mate - I'm jealous!:hurray:

I'm interested to know how you went about planning the cuts for the tray floor?

L

Leatherface

Absolutely stunning job mate - I'm jealous!:hurray:

I'm interested to know how you went about planning the cuts for the tray floor?

Had them water jet cut by a local company.
This is the only real way to do it. They put the measurements on a CAD machine then water jet cut.
If you were to try and cut yourself you would only need to be a fraction of a mm out over each of the sixteen tiles to find that they would not fit.
Firm charges machine time out at £120 per hour, took two hours, that would be £240.
Charged me £160 for cash. I charged customer £240, and they are absoultely perfect. I cut the radial adjoining tiles to the main floor by myself.

G

Grace'sDad

I wondered if you would have done that!

You'd have to be a robot to A) work it out accurately and B) Cut them accurately.

Reply to Curved wet room and bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks