Search the forum,

Discuss Curved Wedi Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Looked at a job & the customer wants a curved bath panel tiled in mosaics.

I looked at the curved wedi boards & was going to get a joiner in to fix a frame then fix the wedi to this.

What centres should i tell him to put the frame in at or has anyone else got a good solution for this?

Thanks Stef.

T

Time's Ran Out

I'am not sure that you would be able to have a standard or guide to fixing points/centres for a curved bath panel as it will depend on the radius of your curve. The Wedi construct boards are versatile and strong and with good primary support are great for all shapes and designs.

G

Gazzer

Funnily enough I am on a job this week with curved Marmox boards...The chippy has made the frame but set it back too far....oh well the tiler will sort it out ! :mad2:

S

Stef

I phoned PHG, they are going to get to me with a price as CTD couldnt give me a price over the phone.

I should have written is it ok to frame out & fix just with screws.

Ive been hunting around the TinterWeb so i think we are on to a winner.

Thanks TJ & Neale. :thumbsup:

ps, Neale how are you going about an access panel on the board?

Im going to tile it with small mosaics so im thinking of tiling then cutting back between the mosaics to form an access & fix straps on to the rear of the board with an epoxy glue.

G

Gazzer

I am using 50mm travertine mosaic and he does not need an access in the panel as there will be access to the taps and waste from the room behind the bath.

I am fixing the boards with glue and screws.

S

Stef

The customer is only doing this as a temporary measure as the bath panel is broken & they cant source a replacement.

The bathroom was tiled 7 years ago & they are getting fed up with it.

The original tiler was recommended to them as being the best in Glasgow at the time but after we tiled her mothers hall floor & her brothers hall/kitchen & utility floors & walls then they quickly realised that the tiler wasnt that good so we will have this bathroom to tile later in the year. :lol:

The customer isnt too bothered about an access panel but i would rather put 1 in just incase.

G

Gazzer

Yes I would prefer one too, easily to tile as you say then run the fein through the joint of a tile...nice and neat :thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Stef - the latest commercial photos I put on 'Pictures' commercial work thread was a Wedi panel just fixed to the bath frame and end supports - not curved!
The inspection panel is at the tap/drain end and at the joint on a tile. It's always worth putting an inspection in as the panels when tiled are too heavy and in a few years the tiles will be discontinued when they need access!
Don't forget with Wedi fixings you need the washers for the screws so they don't pull through.

S

Stef

Cheers TJ.

Ive got Dukka Board metal washers & stainless screws to fix the Wedi or Marmox.

Reply to Curved Wedi Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen