Currently reading:
cscs

Discuss cscs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

I thought an nvq 2 was needed to get a cscs card.

I thought so too??
I think the whole thing's a bit of a rip off to be honest..If the fella above is gonna work sites with a firm he'd be better off getting a labourers card..I've seen plenty of trades doing that..I've yet to meet
many scrupulous site agents:lol:..and i've definately been at many a site induction where a whole mob of eastern european workmen have come on with the labourers card and have been doing everything. Where there's a system there's a loophole it seems.

P

penno

Anyone can get a cscs card no matter what the trade, no nvq etc etc is needed. Does not matter atall what it says on your card as the title, you will get onto a site. It is all down to safety, something goes wrong they are covered as you have done the health and safety test.
Hang on he has "labourer" on his card why is he laying tiles? "he is labouring on the tilers", no one cares, it is a money making scheme and a scheme to cover health and safety bases.

Reply to cscs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.