Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cowboys entering into Tiling due to Covid in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Maybe I’m an old timer, but I reckon that Covid lockdowns have resulted in a big increase of pretend tilers messing up.
This site is for professional UK tilers only. Pretend tilers are using this for new home buyers during the race for a place during lockdown. Added to that are general Cowboys spanning all trades preying upon the young who thought they could do DIY but failed. Discuss.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
We actually have tilers from all over the world lol on this site. It is an advice/information forum for everyone as well as a hang out for us tilers .
There will always be rogue traders if every aspect of construction or finishing trades. Bug bare of mine but hey hoy that’s life.

Last edited:

Jren37

-
Reaction score
Actually this is a forum for everyone including those just after advice.
There have always been cowboys in any trade yes it been worse during lockdown because idle hands etc but if you are good at what you do it shouldn’t affect you.

Reaction score
I'm not a professional tiler, but Im a very competent DIYer and know what I'm doing (dads a groundworker, I've worked on sites labouring). I do my research before doing any job (only work on my own house).... Remodelled 6x of my own bathrooms (on different houses I've owned). Usually always strip everything back to joists, so I can re plumb, strengthen floor, lay strong floor (18mm ply) cement board, tank, tile etc.

I enjoy doing jobs on my own house to make it look and feel luxurious and well designed, but my professional job (software engineer) means I have no need to consider a profession in the trade (plus it's a lot easier on my back etc). I do enjoy reading up and looking at other people's projects on this site.

Kaffee

-
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem now? You've sent a pm to me too that this site is for professional tilers only in the uk. Yet there are different parts on this site. Is it forbidden for people to give advice/opinions? Forbidden for them to read this website? What makes you a professional tiler? Do you want people to pass an exam before they can participate here?

Please advice because I have no problem buggering of but this site is inactive enough as is. **** me, your work is great, your reviews are great but this topic makes you sound like a prick.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Covid and other market forces have put serious pressure on people’s livelihoods . People have also reevaluated what is important to them. That means that lots of folks have diversified their skill sets. tile is relatively easy to enter as a trade so it’s in ideal job for newbies and career changers. In terms of quality I guess we were all new to our chosen profession at one time. There’s bound to be a learning time.

Reply to Cowboys entering into Tiling due to Covid in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock