Discuss Commercial kitchen advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CBTC

Carole, theadvice above mostly all good, however if you arent familiar with some 'normal' grout work in the past then I would hesitate to suggest you try applying the epoxy yourselves, since the working time is relatively short, and the difficulty of cleaning residues or even haze if not all cleared in the initial process is not to be underestimated. Drag on joints is an issue as mentioned, and if done very poorly / sunk too deep / left high in joint / scuffed finish, might not pass the inspection. Correctly done it will take 24 hours to get to practical set, but after that you will have no trouble and get gold stars from the health people...probably!
Epoxy is protein free, and highly impervious compared to cementitious grout. cleaning / maintenence will be trouble free with regard to the grout for a long time to come.
I would advise getting the smaller pot sizes to avoid waste.

Reply to Commercial kitchen advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22