Search the forum,

Discuss CIS - how do you handle it? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

A

AndyV

Thanks to the other Andy's and Pete. It's as I thought and read on HMRC website - but it does seem such a lot of extra work especially for smaller traders. I'd be surprised if many aren't even aware of CIS.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not knocking it one bit....just thought I would share my experiences with builders.....should imagine most can't be bothered with the extra paper work ..

Last edited:
I

Italy

So how does having a scheme in order for correct tax to be paid by the self employed put us in bad shape?
Here invoices between self-employed craftsmen and companies, all without VAT, those who pay, must pay VAT. no responsibility for those who will invoice.
only vat I have to pay to the state, is that I get from invoices to private customers.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not knocking one bit....just thought I would share my experiences with builders.....should imagine most can't be bothered with the extra paper work ..

Its hard work mate, especially if you're working full time and trying to do the paperwork. You get fined if the return is late, you have to pay even if you haven't been paid yet. I had 6 subbies of the go a couple of years back, never again!!

S

Spare Tool

Here invoices between self-employed craftsmen and companies, all without VAT, those who pay, must pay VAT. no responsibility for those who will invoice.
only vat I have to pay to the state, is that I get from invoices to private customers.
Oh ok...very different then, VAT goes on materials here not labour

Reply to CIS - how do you handle it? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen