Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Buying a van in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mickyc

I am after buying a van and all you see out there is traders .
I am trying to avoid paying 15 % as its just throwing money away as i am not vat registered .
Is there a way around this as i say i,m only a subbie have tried looking for private sales but there aint many out there .
Any suggestion or avenues / or decent sites .

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

E

enduro

There is no way round it, if there is vat on it you will have to pay it. Just have to keep looking in local papers, autotrader etc. You could try going to your local van dealer and tell them your budget and if they get a trade in could you buy it of them with no vat....If you dont ask you dont get :thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Found tons of them on autotrader within 2 mins, make sure you tick the private sale option when searching

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

I paid vat on my van and I'm not registered, the 50% went on my accounts then depreation per year. From what I understand it was the amount I paid in total, worth checking with your own accountant

N

nickj

Keep your eye out on ebay, i sold mine on ebay with no vat.

The other option is to go to auction, you'll pay VAT but may get a good enough dela that it doesn't matter.

D

Daz

As Whitebeam, you can write off 50% of the total cost in year 1, and then 25% each year for the next 2 years. So it all helps your tax bill :lol: :thumbsup:.

Incidentally, I bought my van via eBay - no tax :thumbsup:.

M

mickyc

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

I was not trying to avoid paying vat we all have to do that but i had 10,000 to buy a nice van and in my mind i was tossing 1,500 of that in the bin.
So basically my capital for a van was only £8.5 which has lowered my buying power for a decent van .

Reply to Buying a van in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks