Search the forum,

Discuss business cards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul72

Hi, all. I'm sorting out some business cards and have a nice logo, name ect.
My question is what personal details do i put on??
I've got a work mobile and e-mail address and was going to put my home address and telephone number on but have been told not to by my brother who is a self employed electricain, his reason been you dont want people knocking on your door and ringing the land line and god knows what time.
It sounds like sense but i wanted to be transparant and not look like a cowboy.
Whats your opinions???
Thanks.

F

Fekin

I think someone only giving out a mobile number looks a bit of a cowboy to be honest, and I never phone them if I am looking for someone.

Name, what you do, where you do it, home and mobile numbers and maybe a pretty picture, and that's about all you need.

P

pjtiler

I think someone only giving out a mobile number looks a bit of a cowboy to be honest, and I never phone them if I am looking for someone.

Name, what you do, where you do it, home and mobile numbers and maybe a pretty picture, and that's about all you need.

spot on:thumbsup:

N

Numpty

As a potential customer I also ignore cards without a landline telephone number and an address. I like to know that the trader is of fixed abode, as it were, and not someone that might disappear with the money or my wife's jewlery.

It may seem harsh but that is how I feel. A Po Box is not good enough.

Numpty

C

cjbombero

I would steer clear of putting you home address on the cards, otherwise when you do get that one weeks holiday a year some bugger will pop round and nick all your tools!:ninja:

Consider including a web address, a lot of people like to have a look at what you have done before getting a quote. It's also a low cost way of advertising and looks professional. Always put down a mobile and landline for the reasons already mentioned, most normal people shouldn't phone at silly o'clock but you might get the odd one (just another perk of the job!)

There is another thread on here somewhere about where to buy your business cards, worth a read if your still looking.

cjbombero

R

redeye1979

yeah i think having a mobile number only doesn't look good! ive been trying to get some done for three weeks and having similar problems to you pal, as well as not being able to find good designs for mine, Anyone any advice it'd be appreciated!

H

Highlander

End of the day guys you are running a business and have you received a business card from other business owners or reps without a mailing address, phone number, mobile and email address. I dont do business with anyone without a contact address or landline loos to dodgy for my liking and know one lady who gave a tiler a deposit and he then disappered with her dosh.

I have never had customers knocking on my door. Mind you I have a picture of Wivers on my front door in his Borat outfit and even the mail man does not deliver :grin:

Highlander

Last edited by a moderator:
R

redeye1979

i agree highlander. I think i'd be hesitant about employing someone who i didn't know where to get in touch if he didn't show up, happened to me when tiling my bathroom, hence why i decided to take up tiling,

W

wivers

End of the day guys you are running a business and have you received a business card from other business owners or reps without a mailing address, phone number, mobile and email address. I dont do business with anyone without a contact address or landline loos to dodgy for my liking and know one lady who gave a tiler a deposit and he then disappered with her dosh.

I have never had customers knocking on my door. Mind you I have a picture of Wivers on my front door in his Borat outfit and even the mail man does not deliver :grin:

Highlander

I thought you kept that picture under your pillow? :)

Reply to business cards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen