Search the forum,

Discuss Building websites in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This has prob been done a few times, but after building my own, which i don't think its too bad seeing as im computer illiterate,and have the patiance of a bullmastiff on redbull, i would like to know how much would it cost to have one built? And who builds them?
Im stii not sold on them but have got a great place for the signage on me new truck :) :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.800092,-2.266382

G

Gazzer

www.Moldablemedia.com
They are doing mine and a few others at the moment, I believe they did Stewarts too.
I was cynical at first but imy last website which is being redone by

Moldablemedia.com

has been the best form of advertising I have ever had.

M

Mike

my son has started building one for me, he's only 12 but is a whizz on the pc. he can't kick a ball though!

H

hillhead

Big roll out of moldable media sites soon for a peep i hope.
I'm after one of them myself.
Mine is self built too so a better one is needed..

M

MTiler

I did mine myself through Mr Site, only about £25 a year for the domain for 5 pages. Easy to set up and you have total control on the contents and you can change it as and when you please.

missyT

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

If you have limited funds and a bit of time and patience,then building your own is the best option. You will then be able to update your site regularily and add new pages and content ( which Google likes ) and do your own SEO - It is all well and good having a website,but if you do not get found on google and search engines easily then you are missing a great opportunity.There are many companies out there offering you page one on Google,many I expect will not be able to come up with the goods,the others who can will charge you a small fortune - ongoing for the time spent & stuff like Google Adwords etc.
Last week I added a new page to my site for Commercial Tilers UK, within 2 days had a rank nine on page one of google, after some more work,last time I checked I had got it to rank four on page one. Constant upkeep is required to keep your site at or near the top.
Also another good tip is to use the likes of "free business listings" websites where you can add a link to your website on their pages, inbound links improve your credibility with Google and in theory the more you have,the better your rank ( other factors also affect this )
My site was self built ( not the most professional I know ) but the hosting and domain name only costs me £10 a year.

Another top tip is to choose your domain name wisely, if you are a tiler called Fred in let's say Hastings, then using a form of www.tilers-in-hastings.co.uk would be far better than using www.John-the-tiler.co.uk, Google gives you marks in search results for using your target area in your domain name. Hence Yorkshiretilingservices gets top results on Google searches for tilers in Yorkshire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You want to use an external javascript file for all your javascript in your pages on yorkshiretilingservices.co.uk, and also use 'title' tags for your menu links. If you used the same title tag as the anchor text (the link text) you'd find google loves you a bit more.

But there is a lot of random javascript in your pages and it can devalue the ratio of related content on your page. Plus google needs to skip past it all to get to some more content lower down in the page and she wont always like doing that.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

thanks Dan, I know this, have done some digging already. This seems to be a faliure of the Microsoft Office Live web tool that I am using.
I have done what I can as a novice,but have no experience in javascript etc. After speaking to a local web designer I was advised that the best thing I could do would be to have the whole site re-coded, which for a site of my size would cost a fortune.
If you would be willing to have a look at my site more in depth ( can provide passwords etc ) and can give it a tweak I would be happy to pay you.
The advice I have already given is from what I have learned along the way. I am in no way a web design or SEO expert. Want my site to do better but lack the knowledge to do it myself.
Cheers.

Reply to Building websites in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen