Currently reading:
Border thicker than tile. Does it matter

Discuss Border thicker than tile. Does it matter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chrish

Hello eveyone, thanks for all the help I had last night with my question re tiling around my bath. My next question is my border is a little thicker than my tile. I have put a few on they look ok but they stand proud of the tile. Does this matter, do you think it generally looks ok when it is finished this way. The only alternatives are to change my borders, to dig into the plaster a little or to apply more adhesive to the main tiles. What are your views before I go any further, once again thanks in advance.

T

tfs

based on 25x33 tiles (and the wall is flat)

I would normaly use the following,

6mm trowel for the 25x33 tiles to fix to wall

&

3mm or 4mm trowel to fix the mosaic border tile.

This works for me majority of the time.

As Dave already mentioned chrome pencil bars/listelos are a great way to make any discrepancies with flatness more subtle as these have a curve on them that protutrudes beyong the tile anyway.

Reply to Border thicker than tile. Does it matter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.