Search the forum,

Discuss Best way to seal power cable through Impey Tilesafe membrane?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

ojtiler

Would appreciate advice from anyone who has done this sort of install before....

I am about to fit an Impey Tilesafe membrane to my wetroom floor, followed by the (Impey recommended) Devimat 100W/sq.m electrical ufh.

All is going well, but I have come across a small hitch! The power cable for the Devimat obviously needs to pass through the Impey membrane at some point, in order to pass through the bottom of the adjacent stud wall (and on to the electrial supply outside the bathroom). I can't see an obvious way to seal the point where the cable passes through the membrane??

For the sensor cable; things are easier; I have prepared this bit of the installation by making a 10mm channel in the floor and lining this with the Impey reinforcing tape/membrane. This will not need sealing - as the sensor can be installed from below the membrane - just fed into the pocket created between the tape and the membrane. But this technique will not work for the power cable - as the power cable is obviously above the tilesafe membrane!!

The only thing I can think of is to treat the cable entry point as if it were a 'pipe entry' and seal the hole with the putty that Impey provide with their tilesafe kit.

Do you think this will be OK? - Can you think of a better way of doing it? Have you done it a different way on a previous job? It's only a small hole, but I'm trying to do this job right, so would really appreciate your advice. I would call Impey (their Technical help line has been very good for other queries in the past), but this problem has, of course, cropped up in the weekend when their line is closed!:mad2:

Cheers.

Reply to Best way to seal power cable through Impey Tilesafe membrane?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.