Search the forum,

Discuss BCT tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Started a job today with BCT tiles, worst tiles I've ever used. They should say mcvities on the box cos they are about as regularly shaped as broken biscuits. Anyone else found them a problem?

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
They are rapalano marfil 300x416. Probably over exaggerated saying they are worst tiles, had a bad start to the day and just finished a porcelanosa job so it made the tiles seem worse than they are.

Reaction score
Are they British ceramic tiles?
if so iv posted another post about glass metros iv had a problem with,plus the sizing of them are a joke.
they were a fortune for the customer too.

D

dave l and l

i have found some of the bct tiles a joke
the gloss white were and are terrible, the matt cream were great couldnt work it out

S

SJPurdy

The last ones i used which was a while ago and i think for a Laura Ashley range were very good.
Prior to this all the medium format ones i used could only be used landscape 1/2 bond because the shape made it impossible to fix them normaly with 2mm joints (one of the long sides was frequently longer (e.g.2mm) than the other). According to my supplier lots of tilers complained and BCT were told.
I wish i had kept some of the early efforts at 15 x 15 cm tiles made by them as they would make a nice set a cereal bowls!
I do find it sad that they are aparantly letting the quality slip back downwards.
Steve

Reply to BCT tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen