Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bal Grout vs Bal Microflex in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All,

Has anyone had experience with Bal Microflex (in white) drying patchy?

My tiler has suggested Bal Grout, after a patchy experience with micromax/2 (i think). Hes been very helpful and is experienced however we like the idea something with anti mould properties. Have have read up about the micromax issues and leaning towards microflex instead because the standard has no anti mould.

The bathroom has an extractor fan and window, will be cleaned regularly etc.

Any advice on using either with regards to chances of patchiness occuring and standard Bal Grout retaining its looks down the line would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Whites can do that, especially when they have polymers in them to make them flexible etc and you mix each mix slightly differently. But generally BAL grouts aren't too bad, even the microflex and whatnot. Been out for years.

Have you considered a Mapei grout? They have awesome colour matching their silicones etc.

Reply to Bal Grout vs Bal Microflex in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock