Search the forum,

Discuss Back online :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

Finally got back online this evening after a slight mishap with the PC.

Was on the PC friday evening just gone and my 2 year old daughter decided to go into the house fusebox and trip the main switch and cut the power.

No big problem I thought, until the flipping PC wouldn't boot up to windows :mad2:

Basically the sudden loss of power blew something on the motherboard and the hard drive too.... couldn't believe it, and with it being a flaming PC World computer, the operation system is on the drive and you don't get an actual copy of XP Pro on a CD, and I never got round to making a backup CD for any problems like this :whatchutalkingabout

So just short of £300 later for a new motherboard, hard drive and operation system Im finally back online, bet you missed me...... not :lol:

I see the forums changed quite a bit too :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Not nice adam is it when you lose the right to roam the net...lol lol..........welcome back and have a play with your new toys in your profile.........:grin:

F

Fekin

Fine thanks Ramic, not looking forward to endless nights of getting the new hard drive upto scratch with all my gear like the old one had.

Thanks again for the cutter, looks like the water tray should be fixable too :thumbsup:

F

Fekin

Not nice adam is it when you lose the right to roam the net...lol lol..........welcome back and have a play with your new toys in your profile.........:grin:

I know, everythings changed and it's only been 5 days n all.

I tell ya, it's being horrible without no computer as I hate TV, no films of my liking, no music, boobies and this place, my post counts taken a hot too :lol:

G

GazTech

Welcome back..sorry bout your comp, I have a spare crank handle for mine...lol :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got back online this evening after a slight mishap with the PC.

Was on the PC friday evening just gone and my 2 year old daughter decided to go into the house fusebox and trip the main switch and cut the power.

No big problem I thought, until the flipping PC wouldn't boot up to windows :mad2:

Basically the sudden loss of power blew something on the motherboard and the hard drive too.... couldn't believe it, and with it being a flaming PC World computer, the operation system is on the drive and you don't get an actual copy of XP Pro on a CD, and I never got round to making a backup CD for any problems like this :whatchutalkingabout

So just short of £300 later for a new motherboard, hard drive and operation system Im finally back online, bet you missed me...... not :lol:

I see the forums changed quite a bit too :thumbsup:

Welcome back mate. You were never missed though (joke) :)

FYI: Anti Spike & Surge Extension Leads

Most of us plug a few things in that are expensive around the computer (tomtom, blackberry (phone), some other phone, camera, all in one slim-line printer, computer, monitor and so on) so get yoursleves a lead that you can plug them all in (I have a 12 gang) and protect the lot.

I don't have young ones to fiddle with the distribution board (doooood - what's that doing without a lock on it if it's low enough for the little ones?!?! - even with every switch on the board off there will still be power feeding the switches remember! - though usually huge cables and well fitted - might be worth checking still) but I do have tiny dogs that used to chew cables. Though it only happened a couple of times when they were young I'm paranoid to bits about it happenening again because I too lost my PC once and it cost me dearly in software (sage, macromedia, actinic, adobe programs all costing hundreds each).

Just thought I'd point that out. If you and I save one more person from doing it Fecks then we can feel a bit better about the cost of replacing what we lost hey?

Welcome back.

Reply to Back online :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen