Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss back again for more advice re setting out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

reeves1985

This is a follow on to my previous thread that didn't get a definitive answer
Thread located here
http://www.tilersforums.com/43-tiling-forum/74522-help-setting-out-wall.html#post756109

my question is
The window is offset

The best way astetically and practically would be to centre the window with the grout line so full tile either side of the vertical centre of the window to avoid slithers at one corner

Here's the problem

The window is 830mm wide my tiles are 398mm wide this leaves me with about 34mm 17mm either side on the sill and above window in the reveals the side reveals are fine add the tile depth and adhesive which will be 10mm is leaving 6-7!*mm tiny cuts
I can't build the wall ouout anymore or I would lose too much frame

What would be the best approach I can see a couple of options

1. Ignore the slither and tile sill and head straight to side

2. Use a bigger grout line which may or may not work to my advantage depending how true and square the reveals are

3. Suck eggs and attempt a slither (not really an option)

Because the room is Soo narrow and the wall is so busy with the window , toilet and top of bath all on there it makes setting out tricky
i cannot centre the wall as it gives another slither at one side which I would prefer the window centred

S

SJPurdy

What happens if instead of a grout line in the centre of the window sill you centre it with a tile in the centre of the sill?

R

reeves1985

That works fine for the sill but will it not look odd if it's not transferred to wall
if I transfer it to the wall I get slithers down one side and about a quarter of a tile the other (roughly speaking)

Reply to back again for more advice re setting out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks