Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone recommend a DECENT cutter? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sigma UK

Can you recommend one that could cope with 600 tiles and over and handle type?
The most popular cutter is the 3C2M 74cm MAX cutter. Max is a push handle that is easy to use. powerful breaker that will cut up to 20mm porc but at the same time do ceramic, glass, mosaics etc..etc..All our cutters are built from start to finish in Italy by hand so you get what you pay for.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
A lot of the time, when cutting Porcelain, it's a technique thing.. My mate can cut Porc on his Rubi 9 times out of 10, yet I'm more like 2 out of 10. I've tried doing it exactly how he does it, but no joy!?!
Hopefully, I'll get to demo some sigma's some day, and something will just click! :D

2020Tiling

Stuck between 2 cutters, Rubi tx 70 or Sigma 3C2M ?? Always had rubi cutters but Sigma seems to have better spec and breaking pressure and can cut longer tiles than the TX Rubi...... ( Think I have answered my own question haha..:thumbsup:

T

tdtazmania

Hi there, received my new 3C2M Max cutter from Tradetiler after reading recommendations on the forum. Although the machine cuts OK, I have a problem with the measuring bar. The fixing pin is not dead on center of the scale. So when I cut with the guide on the left I get accurate cuts but when I switch it to the right my cuts are out by between 1mm & 1.5mm. This is a pain if I forget to allow for this as I have to cut another tile. I would like to know whether you guys consider that within tolerance or if mine is faulty?

T

Thepipdoc

Hi there, received my new 3C2M Max cutter from Tradetiler after reading recommendations on the forum. Although the machine cuts OK, I have a problem with the measuring bar. The fixing pin is not dead on center of the scale. So when I cut with the guide on the left I get accurate cuts but when I switch it to the right my cuts are out by between 1mm & 1.5mm. This is a pain if I forget to allow for this as I have to cut another tile. I would like to know whether you guys consider that within tolerance or if mine is faulty?

I'm looking to buy a dry cutter and the Sigma 3C2M was high on my list, however after reading this thread - particularly the last one by the OP, I'm having my doubts.

2020 - did you manage to correct this issue or is it just a case of having to live with it?

Reply to Anyone recommend a DECENT cutter? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen