Search the forum,

Discuss Another Wetroom Install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Yes, it's been a while :smilewinkgrin:

I've decided to use the Tilux tray as advertised on Wetdec's site. I've used it once before and was very impressed.

I've decided on the 1200 square tray. As the back wall is out of square I will need to trim the former to the right shape, but the 1200 x 1200 will provide enough material for me to cut from.

I have a few questions regarding the former. I'm hoping Wet Dec's on line and can oblige ;)

1) Can anyone remind me of the max depth of the trap from the base of the tray please?

2) Is the waste in the exact centre of the tray or is it offset? I seem to remember that it is in the centre but I just wanted to check.

I need 1 and 2 now to plan the run of the drain, as some of it will be concreted around when I lay the floor.

3) Do I remember correctly that 2 inches depth (where the screed has been removed) should be left to accomodate the tray. This is a new concrete floor and I will be leaving the usuall 3 inches from floor level. 1/2 an inch plus will be allowed for the tiles and there will be a slight fall towards the tray that is the other end of the room.

Thanks

Hugo

C

cornish_crofter

Lurking mate:lol:

Anyway I think I may have answered one of my questions looking at the Tilux site. Apparently the drain is 70mm deep, so I'm thinking that 100mm depth below the former should be more than enough

The problem is that I have to run all the drainage underneath the concrete floor. I'll obviously be using solvent weld on the 1 1/2. The 4 inch drain is already in situ and they connect via a strap on boss further down.

Before I lay the floor I'll need to shutter off the run for the smaller solvent weld drain pipe. This will run to and down the side of the room to connect to a drain coming from an adjacent room.

T

Time's Ran Out

:hurray:Cornish crofter:hurray: not sure if there is any connection - but when I joined you stopped posting:lol:
Would love to help with your tray information but I just tile!
Hope you get sorted and look forward to further posts.

D

DHTiling

HUGO!!!!.. that must have been one big skip you got lost in.. welcome back mate..:lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

welcome back Hugo, hope you can squeeze us into your hectic schedule just a little bit from now on :yesnod:

C

cornish_crofter

Wow!

A few familiar names here.

I've not done much tiling lately. The last such time was installing a new shower cubicle. It was more of a building job really - leaking shower tray had rotted out the floor.

Anyway, this wetroom is for some friends of ours. Their extension is carp. The cubicle started leaking after a few years. The damage is quite exstensive.

Reply to Another Wetroom Install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen