Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Depending on the time of month, 30 days can be up to 60 from when the job was done. Eg, complete job on the first of April. An April bill will then b paid 30days from the end of the month , so you get paid on the 1st of June. And that's on time!

T

Time's Ran Out

With insurance jobs the builder could be miles away and they get someone local to Torquay (40 miles is local if they are in Manchester).
After the floods white vans take over areas and they are from the whole UK.
They then use local trades for the smaller jobs.
It's only payment that is the issue and unless your geared up to 30 days plus they don't need the hassle of changing their terms unless it suits them.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
30 day accounts ..pah.. Wide berth!!.... Or... Ask for money upfront and tell them you'll do it in ....30 days!!

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi peeps got a phone call tonight from a construction company asking if I'll go over to tile a kitchen splash back which is fine,they sent me some photos there's existing tiles on the wall,but never mentioned removing any tiles,I have never worked for this company before,they said it's a insurance job,plus they never asked what my price is..they got my number from the yellow pages..Anyone had jobs like this as I'm a bit puzzled as I live 40 miles away from this construction company

Why travel 40 miles to tile a kitchen splashback ......ain't worth the drive out mate......well unless you,ve got no work......I try & stay within a 15 mile radius 20 max!.....

Reply to Advice Please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen