Discuss Adhesive choice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smithy153

Afternoon all,

I've got a job tiling a toilet in the basement of a beauty salon :drool5: Its about 10m2 and ceramics. Trouble is the shop doesn't really have any where outside to mix up and i'm going to be working within trading hours. My first thought was just to go with some tubbed gear for ease but I do like using bagged stuff and the benefits of setting times. What would you guys do?

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
With only a small area like that and not being able to make a noise, I would just knock up the addy by hand, 3/4 bucket at a time, not too hard and only a couple of buckets needed so to speak.

S

Smithy153

Kl Kl. What do you guys use for ceramics on the walls. I've got some BAL rapidset. Can someone explain the benefits of white over grey stuff or is it just simply the colour to stop shadowing on natural stones etc

D

DHTiling

It's best to use an adhesive colour similar to grout...so thats grey for dark grouts and white for light grouts...this stops bleeding into grout ...but i always use white on walls anyway and keep the joints clean so no adhesive shows through..

I have switched over to mapei adhesives now as the bucket life is a lot longer IMHO.

P

python

i use cordless tools when noise is an issue., get a decent cordless drill and whisk up mate. :thumbsup:

W

White Room

Mix up small amounts by hand, if using a power mixer turn the radio up they won't hear it then

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I personally would just use tubbed gear, because i'm notoriously lazy... :lol:

But if you're set on cement addy, i'd go along with Whitebeam & Alan.. Small amounts by hand. I'd stear clear of rapid set, although i've never used the Mapei stuff. Yesterday i managed to get 6 tiles down, before the rapid set i was using (Granfix) went off. It cost me a perfectly good 99p bucket! :incazzato::lol:

L

LM Ceramics

personally i would use tubbed gear depending on the size of the tile if you prefer mapei then i think its mapei grip not sure dont use the stuff

Reply to Adhesive choice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22