Discuss Acrylic Splashback to wall tile join? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Could someone let me know what standard practise is in this situation have searched the internet with no success.

I'm retiling the bathroom soon and plan on 3mm acrylic splashback around the bath shower surrounding walls and wall tiles on rest of the walls.

How should I handle the join between the 3mm acrylic and (6mm?) Wall tiles to avoid a visible step in levels?
Thanks!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Could someone let me know what standard practise is in this situation have searched the internet with no success.

I'm retiling the bathroom soon and plan on 3mm acrylic splashback around the bath shower surrounding walls and wall tiles on rest of the walls.

How should I handle the join between the 3mm acrylic and (6mm?) Wall tiles to avoid a visible step in levels?
Thanks!
You could use a chrome listello type inset trim. Come in 2.4mtr lengths.

Reaction score
You could use a chrome listello type inset trim. Come in 2.4mtr lengths.
Thanks for the reply. How noticeable would the step be do you think? Could it be possible (or a good idea) to board with another sheet of acrylic or ply? behind the splashback to raise it? Just wondering what standard practise is?

Reply to Acrylic Splashback to wall tile join? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks