Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 2b3 Or 3b3 (3b4) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

paulames

Hi guys - I know there are many posts about sigma's but I cant find what I need to know to make my decision.

I am a DIY tiler and have done 3 or 4 jobs in the past borrowing a friends £80 Rubi Star which was ok but I want my own as I have a few jobs coming up and think its worth the investment. I want something that can cut 600's, I have just been to CDT to look at the action (pull vs push) and I prefer the pull because it pulls towards the stop and there is better visibility of the wheel - I think I like the action too.

My question is if I should get a 2B3 or a 3B3 (3B4). The 2B3 is about £50 cheaper, lighter, looks a bit older, doesn't have as much breaking pressure but the thing that sticks out is that it doesn't have adjustable height. How is this really going to effect me? Is there going to be a situation where I will really need to adjust the cutting height - I mean I cant imagine ever cutting anything over about 12mm...

P

paulames

Thanks ks for the helpful comments. As stated I have done several searches which give me limited advice on the cheaper sigma cutters and their limitations. I am still none the wiser to be honest. I just know the mire expensive one is better, mainly because of the adjustment. Just not sure what tiles the cheaper sigma would struggle with..

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys - I know there are many posts about sigma's but I cant find what I need to know to make my decision.

I am a DIY tiler and have done 3 or 4 jobs in the past borrowing a friends £80 Rubi Star which was ok but I want my own as I have a few jobs coming up and think its worth the investment. I want something that can cut 600's, I have just been to CDT to look at the action (pull vs push) and I prefer the pull because it pulls towards the stop and there is better visibility of the wheel - I think I like the action too.

My question is if I should get a 2B3 or a 3B3 (3B4). The 2B3 is about £50 cheaper, lighter, looks a bit older, doesn't have as much breaking pressure but the thing that sticks out is that it doesn't have adjustable height. How is this really going to effect me? Is there going to be a situation where I will really need to adjust the cutting height - I mean I cant imagine ever cutting anything over about 12mm...

I feel a Rubi --- Sigma debate again!
( I'm a Rubi -ite)

P

paulames

No... No debate.... I like the Sigmas. Debate was on the Sigma models and what the 2b3 can't do. I will find out soon as I managed to order one for £137 ..

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
to be honest the sigmas are really good cutters but i just prefer the tx ,,,i like direct vision of the score line main reason

P

paulames

Quick update... Just about finished my bathroom using the Sigma 2b3. I really like it... the pull action is so quick from score to break. The measuring bar is easy to read. I've cut some 600 porcelain and some glass mosaics and I'm very happy with it. For £137 I don't think I could have got better.

Thanks

I

Italy

yes,
3b3 is ok for all work, comfortable and light. I always had 3b3. there may be difficulties with hard tiles and large, because of the supporting surface smaller than 3b4.
Last two purchases were 3b4, it is more uncomfortable, but cut 600x600x10 less fatigue.
3b3 would purchase a genuinely willingly, also because the price is good

Reply to 2b3 Or 3b3 (3b4) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks