Discuss 110v tiling tools. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
After doing residential work for the last 12 years all of my power tools are 240v.

I'm intending on filling any gaps in work on sites so i'm now after doubling everything up of what i got in 110v versions.

Please PM me if anyone has any 110v stuff there looking to off load.

A

Aston

i'd just get yourself an angle grinder or / and a 110v vitrex 750 pro wet cutter.
i bought one last week on the recommendation of phil hobson and sigma peter ;0)
not bad at all for £95....no dodgy wobble on the spindle either (yet ;0) 750w induction motor on it too.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
As above, but add on to that a 'cheapo' paddle mixer, when the work pays of upgrade it, and in future just buy 110v, I mean why wouldn't you lol :)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I know a little Polish, spent 3 months there on a huge exercise when i was in the Army! No words relevent to tiling though.
CSCS card should turn up today or early part next week.

240v was just simpler and as i've always stuck with dommestic and residential no one has ever required me to use 110v.

P

Plumbing Tiler

Just sat my CSCS test too Allister, as looking to do some site work again soon, what a bloody rip off!, £14 to download a revision book (which I only did because I'd not been on site for 5 yrs and the guy on the phone when I booked it said it had all changed recently, so I thought it wise, but wished I hadn't bothered after seeing that the questions were still all just common sense!), £17.50 for the test, and then £25 for the actual card, plus the time off work and diesel to get to the driving test centre.....:thumbsdown:

P

Plumbing Tiler

What about going cordless mate, then you get the benefits wherever you're working?.....once you've bought say a drill with a couple of batteries then you can just buy the bare units, eg grinder, impact drill etc off ebay for a fraction of the cost of buying them with batteries!

P

Perry

always brought 110 tools even when i was doing domestics for that reason pick a cheap cutter up on ebay then when you replace them buy 110 and a transformer good luck

Reply to 110v tiling tools. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks