Search the forum,

Discuss £1000 in a week in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
The money is defo out there, you just have to put your sales hat on first and try to sell the extras or upgrades, gald there has been some good feedback, better than hearing how bad things are

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ive made over a grand a week plenty times and im talking normal shifts and a 5 day week, think the most i made in a month was about £5500, its all about experience and having the right contacts and being a good tiler as well of course..
icon12.gif
icon10.gif

L

LM Ceramics

The money is defo out there, you just have to put your sales hat on first and try to sell the extras or upgrades, gald there has been some good feedback, better than hearing how bad things are

i couldnt agree more to much doom and gloom good to hear something positive

R

Rad2474

I did a job for my brother i charged him £400 he paid for the mats. with my discount but i worked out the job was worth around a grand so does this count? :yes:

C

cornish_crofter

My plumber friend has earned £500 in a day before now.

Most of his jobs are large contracts but he occasionally gets a few odd ones lined up, like connecting cookers, capping gas supplies etc. All jobs that the average DIYer will (thankfully) shy away from. If he plans in a load of those in a day he makes a killing.

He was installing our boiler a while ago and our next door neighbour came and asked him to quote for connecting a new cooker. He quoted £40 and the chap asked him to do it asap. He did it the following day when he'd finished at our place. It took him half an hour if that and the hose was supplied!

Neigbour was out when he did it (we had key), 40 notes in an envelope waiting for him nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

Quite regularly,one of the best recently was 3 grand for 9 days,(not on a price m2) labour only.Was working stupidly long hours away from home as well.
As a rule I set me weekly average at £750, sometimes you're a bit over this, often you're a bit under this (esp if it's one of Rogers!!). I'm always skint tho' and living hand to mouth whatever I earn!:dizzy2:

L

LM Ceramics

Quite regularly,one of the best recently was 3 grand for 9 days,(not on a price m2) labour only.Was working stupidly long hours away from home as well.
As a rule I set me weekly average at £750, sometimes you're a bit over this, often you're a bit under this (esp if it's one of Rogers!!). I'm always skint tho' and living hand to mouth whatever I earn!:dizzy2:

i wouldnt work for roger if i you doug sounds like a pain in the arse stick to domestics pal LOL

D

doug boardley

i wouldnt work for roger if i you doug sounds like a pain in the arse stick to domestics pal LOL
maybe you're right Lee! I keep flitting between domestic and site, seeing as the firm that R****r works for are letting their new properties stand till markey picks up,as are other firms round our way, gonna have to go and do domestics again. I enjoy domestic work as well, I just find it harder to plan my diary and end up having a friday off 'cos i told customer I'd be there monday

B

BDS

Doug if you hadn`t been so far away from me you could of filled a couple of your spare days in for me or with me,,:punk:

Reply to £1000 in a week in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen