Discuss 100% Coverage in wet area small tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
So i got 100mm x200mm metro tiles with ridges on the back and i am aiming for 100% coverage in the shower area.

I have been using a 6mm round notched trowel and its not quite getting the coverage

Is the only way to todo this is to back skim every tile?

Is it worth looking to buy another trowel too speed up the process or is back skimming all of them the only way??

Reaction score
Mix adhesive on the slightly wet side and make sure to rub tiles Into the adhesive bed to create a full bond.
Thanks for the reply.

I tried mixing it up wetter and went up a notch size. Which ended up with alot of adhesive oozing out the joints. Still wasnt able to get 100% coverage.

I think the grooves were just too deep.

Once i got into the swing of it backskimming all the tiles wasbt so bad. Think i was just being lazy and whinging.

Reply to 100% Coverage in wet area small tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks