Search the forum,

Discuss 1 st splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

geordie2013

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

Picture 045.jpg

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 047.jpg

Picture 041.jpg
First splashback feedback appreciated

F

Fekin

All I would say is keep an eye on how wide your grout lines are between mosaic sheets, and keep them the same width as the inner grout lines of the sheets themselves, as you can see the perimeter grout line of each sheet because it's a bit wider than the sheets inner grout lines.

Other than that, all looks nice and flat :)

D

DHTiling

that is a mosaic effect tile so if you had put the tiles with a tight joint then when grouted you dont see the main tile joint if you see what i mean..apart from that good job mate keep it up..........dave..

D

davy_G

Nice work geordie, i'd be pleased with that. Only thing as already posted is the 'halo' effect around the sheets, might it be worth brickbonding the sheets to help remove this effect? But impressive overall effect, id be chuffed for first job.

F

felix

Nice job mate. Very nice tile as well. The most important question is does the customer like it? You'll learn on every job. The only thing I saw was the same as what everyone else mentioned.

The only other thing I can see, and it is ultra picky in a way only tilers can be, and that is on the 3rd pic it looks like the corner is seriously on the ****. You have gone into it with a sliver which kind of exaggerates the effect.

Because of the light i can't see whether you have just carried the tile on around the corner or whether it is a lone sliver.

Apart from semantics it looks excellent and I am sure the customer is delighted. Well done

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 1 st splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen