Currently reading:
yellow pages

Discuss yellow pages in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
had a call today customer wanting some quarry tiles putting on her kitchen floor.

was just finishing grouting a floor so i said i would be round in an hour

when i got there it was a simple 11m2 floor no units dead square, no problem, just needed latexing.

the tile sample she had was a b&q quarry (rubbish) , so i got on the phone and managed to get her a pilks quarry better quality and cheaper price.

priced it all up and the customer was over the moon, turns out she was just about to give up ever getting it done, apparently she had rang every tiler in yellow pages, and thomsons local and as soon as she mentioned 6x6 quarry tiles no body wanted to know.

so, i know the web is the way to go for advertising but you can still get some work from the yellow pages, my add cost me £352 per year, and with this job i will be up to just under £2000 worth of work from y/p :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

had a call today customer wanting some quarry tiles putting on her kitchen floor.

was just finishing grouting a floor so i said i would be round in an hour

when i got there it was a simple 11m2 floor no units dead square, no problem, just needed latexing.

the tile sample she had was a b&q quarry (rubbish) , so i got on the phone and managed to get her a pilks quarry better quality and cheaper price.

priced it all up and the customer was over the moon, turns out she was just about to give up ever getting it done, apparently she had rang every tiler in yellow pages, and thomsons local and as soon as she mentioned 6x6 quarry tiles no body wanted to know.

so, i know the web is the way to go for advertising but you can still get some work from the yellow pages, my add cost me £352 per year, and with this job i will be up to just under £2000 worth of work from y/p :thumbsup:

How come she rang you last then...:lol:

M

mistral

Used to use yellow pages and did quite well out of them, but stopped for a few years. decided to give them another go last year - paid £450 to go in Birmingham South West and Birmingham South East with a quarter column block ad which stood out well, and I had good page position in both........... got one job worth £260 all year from it - oh, and loads of sales calls. Needless to say i won't be bothering again.

Reply to yellow pages in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a Topps Tiles store in Newcastle Under Lyme, not far from the Untold Media office as weird as that...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this notification but what was the out come at the end as I have just had a xylophone installed and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.