Search the forum,

Discuss Wicks Mosaics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Can anyone enlighten me on this? am going to be tiling a mosaic strip up the centre of a shower area. ...... The mosaics are 50mm x 50mm glass and on a mesh, i was simply going to use a white RSF like i have a hundred times on glass mosaics however i then noticed in big bold letters on the packaging that it states

'under no circumstance should cement based adhesive be used'

Doesn't give any other alternative though.............

Any ideas gang? cos i was just gonna ignore it and do what i normally do as i can't see any reason why i cant use RSF!!

T

TJ Smiler

Cheers Andy, I guess that would mean epoxy grout too then? any idea as to why it say's to not use cement based stuff......... Baffles me mate

W

White Room

I don't see what their on about, there glass a cementous adhesive sounds good to me.

I'd be ringing there high quality information line and ask.

T

TJ Smiler

I don't see what their on about, there glass a cementous adhesive sounds good to me.

I'd be ringing there high quality information line and ask.

Yeah snap mate.............. Although i think it might have something to do with the backing. been researching on google but not getting much joy. Something about if the backs have been painted or are coloured or something!! Will give them a call tomorrow, if i hadn't have spotted it i would have just used a white RSF and not lost any sleep.

Bloody Wickes crap!

W

White Room

Remember that only 25% of the backs of the mosaic should covered with glue to hold the mesh on, if there coated with anything I can't see nothing holding onto them wether it be epoxy glue or spf.

R

Rookery

I've fixed these before and, seeing the note on the box about cementitious adhesives, I use Bal White Star. Apparently the cement can damage the coating on the back of the tile.

T

TJ Smiler

Thanks for that mate, i did consider using white star but i thought i would phone and find out why you cant use powder........... Spoke to the manufacturer and it turns out it's a printing error and you can use cement based powder!!

Reply to Wicks Mosaics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen