Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Where do you clean your tools and buckets? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good morning,

I clean them in the bathroom. Even taking as much https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ as I can there's still a good bit left for an every day thing. Could this block the bath? Where do you clean yours?

W

WetSaw

Don't put it down the drain! Either scrape as much out, bag it up and rinse the bucket out in the garden or if it's a rubber bucket let it harden then bash the bucket.
I had a client who rented a flat to a "sculptor". He thought it was a good idea to wash modelling clay down the drains. I had to dig up the utility room floor to replace the blocked solid pipe.

OP
R

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Oh no!!! I had the feeling it couldn't be good but my sister insisted that it was only sand..I'll murder her if it get blocked!:D
Thanks a million pdc!

O

Old Mod

Paul’s absolutely correct, never put any tile waste in to domestic drainage.
Powdered https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ dries by the way of a chemical reaction, it will still set underwater, I’d be inclined to check the bath trap now, just in case it’s building up.

G

GoneGuy

I always clean my tools in a bucket outside, I drain the water in the bushes/garden.
Then with all the residue left in bucket I scrape out and put into a thick black bag and put into waste bin.

T

Time's Ran Out

I do hope you’re taking the **** :D

It’s always difficult to refrain from expressing your thoughts when some enquiries are submitted, but as this is in the DIY section of the forum we have to imagine it’s from a member learning the trade or a customer who is interested in all aspects of our work!
Just been back to some ÂŁ1.5 million apartments in London where 25 year trading tilers emptied their sludge in the ground floor occupants bit of garden and outside drains! They were seen by the Site Foreman and still denied it - the skip was 3 mts away!

G

GoneGuy

It’s always difficult to refrain from expressing your thoughts when some enquiries are submitted, but as this is in the DIY section of the forum we have to imagine it’s from a member learning the trade or a customer who is interested in all aspects of our work!
Just been back to some ÂŁ1.5 million apartments in London where 25 year trading tilers emptied their sludge in the ground floor occupants bit of garden and outside drains! They were seen by the Site Foreman and still denied it - the skip was 3 mts away!
That’s just pure laziness if there’s a skip on site as well

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

I clean my bucket into a plastic bag and if possible rinse onto a flower bed as suggested. One thing I have a tendency to wipe my hands on my work trousers transferring grout and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. Recently I had to do some washing machine cleaning as the pump inlet was blocked dog little balls of solid addy

B

Blunt Tool

I have perforated bags I got from my painter mate. Just put one in bucket of water or washboy, then leave overnight after use then take bag out with all sediment just leaves more or less clean water to get rid of and if there’s a builder on the job I’ll make him a cup of tea!

OP
R

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Thanks a million again guys! I am scrapping as much as a can and the rest as you advice I throw it in a building site next to my house.
John you are totally right, some of us are even new DYI'ers:blush:
Callatiler..a tea for the builder..:tearsofjoy:

Reaction score
I know its an old thread, but im quite interested to know if there are alternatives to dumping this out in the garden somewhere.
Often we work on large sites in the city and this isnt always an option. Also, would look great on greenstar rated projects to have an alternative

Are there any off-the-shelf water recycling/filtration units that would filtrate the grout/https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ out of the water, so its safe to tip down the drain or reuse?

Reply to Where do you clean your tools and buckets? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock