Search the forum,

Discuss What size bed to expect from a 15mm half moon trowel? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

S.L.

I might need one of these on my next job. ive never used one before so dont know what size bed and roughly what m2 to expect from a 20kg bag of adhesive?

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I take it your floors are well off of being flat and level, the coverage is going to depend on the amount of adhesive that is going to fill any holes, anything above 2m2 I would treat as a bonus. Would it not be easier and cheaper to self level ?

S

S.L.

yeah i am trying to match uneven floor alan, customer is going to do his own self levelling and i still dont want to take any chances as the concrete floor 60 sqm is really really bad. its dips up to about 12mm over 2 meters or so. its 400 x 400 sandstone by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

yeah i am trying to match uneven floor alan, customer is going to do his own self levelling and i still dont want to take any chances as the concrete floor 60 sqm is really really bad. its dips up to about 12mm over 2 meters or so. its 400 x 400 sandstone by the way.

:yikes::yikes:

Reply to What size bed to expect from a 15mm half moon trowel? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.