Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom systems in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

What system is everyone using these days ? My last wetroom was a pleasure to do earlier in the year using a marmox former, ditra heat e and kerdi band with a liquid tanking system on the walls.

I have to provide two systems, one being the ditra due to the fact I can incorporate the UFH with an anticrack mat as the tiles are unknown yet. Possible marble 10x30 in herringbone, which gives me a challenge in the wet tray area as I have never had to incorporate the herringbone into a wet tray. Has anyone done one before?

The next a cheaper system with no ufh but still will need anti crack mat if they decide to go with the marble.
The reasoning behind two prices is that the room is cold and they are thinking of the UFH or having a couple of radiators t'd off whilst the floor is up so trying to weigh up what is cheaper.

It's not ripped up yet, still in quote stage but Im assuming they have lobbed 12mm on top of ply, DND tiles and they are coming away.

I'll get some pictures of a nice original viccy job throughout the hallway. it needs some work and a clean but it is surprising how good a nick its in.

Any help massively appreciated. Got so much to do in the next few weeks and getting this job in before Christmas would suit me perfectly.

Cheers guys & gals.

Cam

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Last One that I did was a Novellini tray with a linear drain. Nice thing about it is the fact it is a 2 way fall and removes the envelope cuts which is great when you have smaller tiles or plank format. The tiles were Porcelanosa 90x22 and I think they look awful with envelope cuts across them. Only personal opinion.

wetroom1.jpg wetroom2.jpg

Last edited:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Last One that I did was a Novellini tray with a linear drain. Nice thing about it is the fact it is a 2 way fall and removes the envelope cuts which is great when you have smaller tiles or plank format. The tiles were Porcelanosa 90x22 and I think they look awful with envelope cuts across them. Only personal opinion.

View attachment 59770 View attachment 59771
What do you do with the tile edge where it meets the tray?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I tend to use the Jackoboards a lot and I have their catalogue next to me, which has no two way fall in however it is the 2013 one.
@johnbenton with it being a two way fall...how does the residual water fall into the drain with it only being two way...or is it neither here nor there the small amount it would be?

Minimal amount, insignificant from what I can see

Reply to Wetroom systems in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen