Search the forum,

Discuss Washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Corky

I went to buy a washboy today in the local tile shop but the tied to sell me one with no grid and no wheels for €65:83:,when I asked about the missing parts they repled that most tilers dont use the grid and the only washboy with wheels was a"Rambo" .Needless to say I didnt buy thanks to knowing what I want from viewing the posts on here.I will have a look around tomorrow for something more genuine.

B

BDS

trying to offload a bucket and sponge to you,,,,,:rofl::rofl::rofl:, i have the Rubi wash boy but only use on the larger jobs to much messing about otherwise.:gettree:

D

Dave Ramsden

I cant live without my washboys. I have three. Seem to go through alot of floats for it though but they do get alot of use.

D

doug boardley

It was looking for a washboy that led me to TF!(nearly 2 months ago now!) I got one from my local supplier and to be honest I think it was a bit of a rip off at £40, it does have wheels, but no grid and the rollers are placcy things that keep coming off inserts if you apply to much pressure! Will get father in law to engineer stainless rollers and a grid to upgrade it I think! Having said that I'd never go back to the old bucket and sponge!

G

Gazzer

1st of all, lets break down the components of a typical wash boy.
Bucket, usually they can vary slightly in size.
Rollers, dont bother with plastic and look at the means of fastening to the bucket. If they are plastic then dont bother. What you require are the rubber type rollers that are clipped on with metal brackets.
Grid, this is one of the reasons a wash boy works so well. it leaves the sedimment below the grid and the float sponge has access to the cleaner water.
Some models have a sediment trap below the rollers, which catches the excess grout when using the sponge across the rollers and not allowing it back to the water.
Wheels, well worth having but can be optional extras or just make a small trolley out of 18mm ply and castors.

Have alook here and see what a real washboy is
http://www.tradetiler.com/acatalog/Grout_Washing___Cleaning_.html

Last edited by a moderator:
K

keraldine

Bal do a washboy with all the componants you mention also rubi do various sizes with various extras you should be able to order either from CTD , we have had other slightly cheaper alternatives in stock but the trade customers always seem happier to pay a bit extra for the grid and rollers

S

sWe

I got mine for about 50, and it's basically the same as the karl dahm washboy @ tradetiler, albeit with wheels and a thicker more sturdy handle.

And tilers not using the grid is just taking the wee.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

burncross

I got a cheep and cheerful washboy about 18 months ago, with plastic rollers, grid and wheels. I use a rubi sponge float with it now,does the job it meant to, But its seen better days, i need to get myself the 'karl damm' one in the newyear along with many other things!

D

DHTiling

The BAL washboys are just ther same as the karl dahm......plus tradetilers karl dahm ones are cheaper ( dare i say) than the BAL ones from CTD.....

Reply to Washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen