Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Concrete guy

I think a vote to leave is more likely to give us less control. We'll still be in Europe but with no say in the EU.

So pretty much as we are now then but with more cash and more control of who comes and goes.

I don't think the EU as we know it would survive BREXIT. If next Friday brings a leave vote I would expect other member states to announce referendums. Sweden and Denmark being the first in the queue.

D

dave l and l

i also dont understand whats so bad about being in
i am busy at work , things in the shops are affordable , i can go on holiday , i get free health care, my quality of life is good , why do we feel the need to change that so much,
plus people keep on saying we will be more in control of whats ours, that is bull the working man like most of the people in here wont have a say no matter the outcome is , as the people in the upper echelons of society that make the decisions

Reaction score
We have just emerged from a recession,I for one had a hard time businesswise but have buckled up and came
out the other side still in business and getting busier than ever, because all of us have resolve to succeed and do well and we will do the same....so my vote is to leave the EU and we will still apply the same resolve and do well
nobody knows what the financial side effect will be but I am sure whatever we can survive and do well.

D

dave l and l

The fact remains though, these parties are minority parties when it comes to counting votes.

I've been searching for factual information about the stance of the FTSE 100 companies but can't find anything firm as it seems when pushed not all are choosing to respond for fear of being embroiled in the political process.

Do also remember that being listed on the FTSE 100 doesn't necessarily make the company British. SHELL Petroleum (Dutch), HSBC Bank (Honk Kong and Shanghai Banking corporation). The decision of many of these business will be based on tax and tax alone.

you are right , however from where i am sitting the snp are firmly the majority party in scotland. so they pretty much speak for the country ,

D

dave l and l

We have just emerged from a recession,I for one had a hard time businesswise but have buckled up and came
out the other side still in business and getting busier than ever, because all of us have resolve to succeed and do well and we will do the same....so my vote is to leave the EU and we will still apply the same resolve and do well
nobody knows what the financial side effect will be but I am sure whatever we can survive and do well.

i still dont undersatnd why ye would want to leave then if all is going well.
i know it cant be because bishopton has had an influx if foreign workers i would have heard,
still not used that cutter by the way , marble job got held up too much so i had to bin it

C

Concrete guy

i also dont understand whats so bad about being in
i am busy at work , things in the shops are affordable , i can go on holiday , i get free health care, my quality of life is good , why do we feel the need to change that so much,
plus people keep on saying we will be more in control of whats ours, that is bull the working man like most of the people in here wont have a say no matter the outcome is , as the people in the upper echelons of society that make the decisions

Over the last few years there has become increasing resentment at the amount the EU interfere with the running of UK Plc. It's good for some but not for others, the others are starting to outweigh the some. Had David Cameron not pledged an EU Referendum as a vote grabber so he could get back into power none of us would be having this conversation.

What Dave has underestimated is the underlying distrust (by the ordinary citizen of the UK) of what the EU has become since it grew from the original group of countries to what it is now. The mishandling of the entry of countries that should never have been admitted to start with (Greece) and the the subsequent bailouts.

People look at what's happened and wonder where it's going. How much say will we have if some of the more undesirable countries trying to join to eventually manage it? (Turkey etc) What are we actually agreeing to if we did stay in?

I was out before the campaign even started, from the moment the referendum was announced I knew I'd be voting out and having discussed it with the rest of my family they felt the same.

Many feel they were mugged off in the 1975 referendum, they felt at the time they were voting for a trading arrangement, not political alliance and a surrender of sovereignty. This is why you see quite a strong leave following in the over 50's no matter what their political leaning.

C

Concrete guy

you are right , however from where i am sitting the snp are firmly the majority party in scotland. so they pretty much speak for the country ,

They undoubtedly represent the interestes of Scotland, that is without question. However they only represented 4.7% of the electoral turnout at the last election. That's not a lot in the context of this referendum as there are no "seats" to be gained or regions to be represented. It's the UK as whole, in or out.

J

J Sid

perhaps some of the 'in' supporters should start thinking long term and what will it be like in 10, 15 or 30 years time.
stop thinking 'I'm alright this year, works good, my city is getting some hand out's ' .
What legacy is an in vote going to leave for our kids? And there kid?

C

Concrete guy

Ultimately this is a one time vote, this won't happen again in my lifetime, it's not a general election where we can vote the Monkeys out in 4 years time for the next lot of Monkeys. to mess it all up a bit more.

We get one shot at this, lets make it count.

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen